Bringing Hoosiers of faith together as stewards of creation to promote renewable energy, energy conservation, and energy efficiency, as a faith response to climate change.
National Interfaith Power and Light
Hoosier Interfaith Power and Light is an affiliate of the national organization, Interfaith Power and Light. Interfaith Power & Light. This interfaith ministry is devoted to deepening the connection between ecology and faith. Interfaith Power and Light’s goal is to help people of faith recognize and fulfill their responsibility for the stewardship of creation. Now active in almost 40 states, the IPL campaign is mobilizing a national religious response to global warming while promoting renewable energy, energy efficiency, and conservation.
Hoosier Interfaith Power and Light Believes Caring for Creation is an Act of Faith
Please join us to make a difference in Indiana. H-IPL is Indiana’s faith response to climate change.
Hoosier Interfaith Power and Light focuses on the following four areas:
- H-IPL works with and connects individuals and congregations of all faiths and religions throughout Indiana. We encourage people of different faiths to come together and share ideas. We respect religious differences.
- H-IPL works with and connects individuals and congregations of all faiths and religions throughout Indiana.
For more on H-IPL’s interfaith mission, Click Here.
- Go green by reducing energy consumption, reducing your carbon footprint and using renewable energy.
- H-IPL Supports congregations and individuals to act responsibly concerning energy use and consumption, to limit our carbon footprint, and apply our resources in environmentally responsible ways, and even go solar.
- Reduce your carbon footprint and energy use and even go solar!
For more on reducing energy consumption and using clean energy, Click Here.
- We support individuals, congregations, and faith-based organizations to live in harmony with God’s Creation.
- Start a green team.
- Join or start an Interfaith Affiliate in your area to come together for support, sharing ideas and fellowship.
- Green practices for your congregation and for individuals.
- Reduce energy use as an individual or a congregation.
- Plant a sacred garden.
- Reduce, Reuse and Recycle.
For more on creation care, Click Here.
- H-IPL advocates for clean renewable energy, including solar, and
- Public policies that reduce wasteful energy practices,
- Policies and legislation that end our dependence on fossil fuels and
- Promotes clean air and clean water for all.
- H-IPL works with other organizations to support Environmental Justice.
For more on Advocacy and how you can get involved, Click Here.